Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kween - Journey In A Labyrinth




Kween - Journey In A Labyrinth
(Released 1998 - Japan)
Produced by Kween

1. Keeper Of Genesis (Hiroshi Kuribayashi & Yohei Eto)
2. Love Comes, Love Goes (Yohei Eto)
3. The Goddess' Beloved Songs (Richard Anderson, Yohei Eto, Nobuhisa Kihira)
4. I Am Not To Blame (Richard Anderson, Yohei Eto, Kenji Wakibuchi)
5. Make Believe (Darren Liby, Kenji Wakibuchi)
6. Musicman (Yohei Eto)

Notes by Richard Anderson:
I was introduced to the music of Kween by longtime supporter and Queen fan Tim Davis, Tim ran a web-hosting business that housed Kween's and the Mayniac's website (now the official home to Queen's guitarist Brian May).

Lead Vocalist, Piano Player (and sometimes guitarist) Yohei Eto (sometimes referred to by his stage name Annan) corresponded with me and in 1997 I emailed him some lyrics to check out - mostly material I had written as a teenager.

"I Am Not To Blame" lyrically was based around a 3-piece lyrical writing (about a girlfriend named Rebecca who had dumped me to go out with some other guy - at the time I thought was the end of the world) which I had split in 2, but Yohei saw fit to put them together and with some changes, thus my first writing for an official recording was born.

"I Am Not To Blame" was not to be the only song on this album I was involved with however, drummer Nobuhisa Kihira had written a song called "The Goddess' Beloved Songs", he had a concept for what he wanted to say within this song but his English wasn't very good - so Yohei sent me a demo of the song with only humming for vocals in certain parts, to which I set about writing what I thought might work, with some tweaks what I had written was included within the final track which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment