Tuesday, January 26, 2010

003 - Chasing The Sun


003 - Chasing The Sun

Released in Japan in 2001
Produced by 003

Shun'ei - Vocals, Keyboards
Luigi - Guitar, Bass, Backing Vocals
Roman - Drums, Backing Vocals

1. Afternoon (Luigi Yamagata)
2. Tadeima (Luigi Yamagata)
3. Ashita no Hako (Luigi Yamagata)
4. Chasing The Sun (Richard Anderson, Luigi Yamagata)
5. Mitsukenikui Sagashimono (Luigi Yamagata)
6. Sorahe (Luigi Yamagata)
7. Yamato Daikon (Luigi Yamagata)

Notes by Richard Anderson:
I came across 003 online, and whilst all their music was in Japanese (which I couldn't understand a word of) I appreciated their efforts and their great ear for melody, so I sent the lead vocalist/guitarist Luigi Yamagata a note to ask him if he would be interested in co-writing a song in English, thankfully he was up for it.

"Chasing The Sun" was inspired by a conversation I had on a bus trip with a chap named Terry Blake in 2000, he had seemed like an inspirational type of gent, often wandering off on his jaunts for weeks at a time. It struck me as to what his family might be thinking while he was off wandering - he said to me "I am chasing the sun",which I thought would make a great song title...in the end I used our whole meeting as inspiration for this tune.

003 even wound up having a picture of a car with the number plate reading "003" on the front cover of this collection, which I thought was rather cool.

Later, 003 performed "Chasing The Sun" live in a reggae kind of format, thankfully I was able to obtain an mp3 of this performance (I once had the video footage too, but thats since seemingly been lost unfortunately), it really worked quite well in this style, I was stoked to have had a co-write performed so far away live for the first time.

Unfortunately this was the only song that we collaborated on, 003 have since seemingly split up.

No comments:

Post a Comment