Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Annan - I Wish You Love


Annan - I Wish You Love

Released in 2003 Japan (Out Of Print)
Desert Lake Label / Southern Air Records

Producer: Annan
Executive Producer: Akira Minamino

Annan: Vocals, Guitars, Piano, Percussion etc.
UK Kurita: Percussion and Chorus

Guest Musicians:
Tetsuji Ogawa - Guitars
Toshiaki Furihata - Drums, Guitars and Chorus
Takeo Konishi - Drums
Nok "Yuichiro" Koshila - Computer Programming

1. I Wish You Love (Parrish Coppedge, Annan, Rosei Kobayashi)
2. Cheers! (Annan)
3. My Guardian Angel (Richard Anderson, Yohei Eto)
4. The One (Annan)
5. Freedom (Annan)
6. Maze (Annan)
7. YOKOHAMA (Annan)
8. ごめんね~ひとつの心残り (Annan)
9. 砂の仮面 (Annan)
10. 日常 (Annan)

Notes by Richard Anderson:
After having worked together on the last of the Kween EP's, it was nice that Yohei had asked me to come onboard to collaborate on his solo endeavour (under the name of Annan), in fact he rang me from Japan about 3 years before this album was released to ask me if he could use my lyric and put it to music and use it, which I thought was particularly nice of him. "My Guardian Angel" was written as a tribute to Kara Graff, a lady from the US (and another Queen fan, who Tim Davis used to visit), sadly she passed away much too young but was a wonderful support to me in our brief friendship, in fact she was the one person who managed to persuade me to let the world in on my lyrical meanderings.

Sadly this album is now out of print, I had hoped that perhaps the label might have picked it up for a bigger release. Annan did make a couple of quite good videos for the album.

Several times since we have discussed working together on something new - which is something that I hope we can bring to fruition here at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment